Now you can bring the magical world of Harry Potter to life with the Hogwarts Express train set by Lionel! Fantasy lovers will own a realistic model of the train that Harry Potter rides to Hogwarts.
This is Lionel’s first ever model of an historic British train, which required completely new tooling and molds. Based on the best-selling books by J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. movies, this die-cast steam locomotive features true-to-life details of the magical train all Harry Potter fans will recognize.
This is an O36 train set. It includes a powerful maintenance-free motor, puffing smoke, operating headlight, air whistle and more. There are bumpers on the front, the fenders over the drivers, and the “missing” sand dome (the sand reservoirs are attached to the steam dome). All of these details give this die-cast 4-6-0 locomotive an appearance that is streamlined, classic, and uniquely British.
Some notable features is the great detail on the engine and cars, the passenger car windows that light up with lots of spare bulbs in the kit. The engine headlamp is nice and bright, creating smoke when you use the smoke oil. The engine whistle sounds great, and you can run it forward, backwards, or have it sit in neutral to keep it in place but have it still light up.
The illuminated passenger cars also represent the kind of cars used on British railways for nearly a century, and also used in the film. If you would like an authentically detailed collectible based on the Harry Potter stories, this set will fill the bill very nicely.
- Set Includes
- 4-6-0 locomotive and tender, two passenger coaches, one combination car, three straight FasTrack track sections, eight curved FasTrack track sections, one FasTrack terminal section, powerful CW-80 Transformer
- Locomotive Features:
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral and reverse operation
- Air whistle in tender
- Operating headlight
- Operating coupler on rear of tender
- Powerful maintenance-free motor
- Two traction tires
- Puffing smoke
- Die-cast metal locomotive body
- Separately applied metal handrails
- Passenger Cars Feature:
- Interior lighting
- Operating couplers
- Soft molded diaphragms between cars